Friday, July 20, 2018

Moppet and the Vet

The vet gave Moppet a shot right through her carrying crate. It is fabric, but it has a "mesh" area for her to see through. The long needle went into the mesh and into Moppet. In a few minutes, she was asleep!

Then they took her into my bathroom and closed the doors; took her out of the crate, and shaved the two hair mats that had grown large. Then they brushed her, before she woke up. Otherwise, she would never have allowed it to happen!

Afterward, she lazed around the house, and while normally she would sleep on my lap, she wouldn't come near me until after 4 pm. I was "persona non grata!"

This morning, she was full of "piss and vinegar" as Jim said. And it seems she has forgiven me, as I was "head-bumped" and kissed this morning before I got out of bed.  She also ate some breakfast, which she wouldn't do yesterday when it had medication in it. She must have been able to smell the meds in the food, even though I mixed it well.

I'm not sure what I will do when she needs the vet again; it is really easier (and cheaper)  for me to put her in the crate and take her to the old vet, instead of calling the mobile vet.....but we will see. 

2 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Glad you both survived the trip to the vet!

Celia said...

If we'd had a visiting vet I would have been tempted. Taking my old cat to the vet was quite an exercise. Good to hear she's forgiven you even if she isn't sure for what.