Monday, February 12, 2018

One of the Perks of Living Where I Live.....

is getting to see a free movie every Saturday afternoon. Not all of them appeal to us, but there are enough that I have seen more movies in the last two years than in the previous ten. The movie this past week was "Me Before You", about a paraplegic guy and the young woman who becomes his aide. It seems sad, at first glance, but it was not a tearjerker. I really enjoyed it and the women around me did too. 

Another perk is the documentary or foreign movie that is shown about once per month. This past Sunday, we saw "The Women on the 6th Floor"  (check it out here). I loved this one and I recommend you see if you can find it on DVD. Delightfully acted, with some nice scenery and amusing dialog - it is a lovely way to spend a few hours. 

I have been able to see two different "old folks" homes in the last month; once to visit a former resident here who has moved to as assisted living and once to re-connect with a former friend whom I had not seen in almost 20 years. They are both nice places to live, and the one thing I like about them rather than where we live is that you can get meals there. My friends eat breakfast and lunch in their own apartments and take the evening meal in the restaurant.  There are many restaurants within 5 miles of my home, but it would be great to be able to go to the clubhouse and have a meal, especially for lunch (which I hate to eat at home.) I guess it was all the years I was working, and being used to getting lunch out somewhere (even in my car.) Oh well, perhaps when we need  to be in an assisted living, we can go to a place that serves food. I DO hope that is a long time away. We are blessed at the moment with good - or tolerable - health.  I wish the same for you!

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kenju said...
This comment has been removed by the author.