Monday, January 16, 2017

Blogaversary!! or Blogiversary!!

No matter how you spell it - I've just missed one.  I started blogging on January 16, 2005.  Little did I know then that I'd still be at it in 2017!  Twelve years is a long time, and one might argue that few have enough to say (on a regular basis) to keep up a blog for so long - but I have always talked too much, so it figures that I'd write too much as well.

Not much of note is going on; today is book club in my neighborhood, as well as a movie of a previous book "A Man Called Ove."  I have already seen the movie, but it is good enough to merit a second look! WE will bring bag lunches to eat after the movie and before the book meeting. The book this month is "The Little Paris Bookshop" and I heartily recommend it. Tomorrow is Scrabble Club - which I always enjoy. It is a semi-regular group of smart, fun women who enjoy playing Scrabble both in person and on-line. 

On Thursday, I will attend the first meeting of the club for women named Judy (since I have lived here.) I am told there are about 40 of us; of course, not everyone can attend every get-together. I am looking forward to meeting quite a few of them.

P.S.  The UTI was banished quickly, thanks to Keflex. And thanks to the doc, who gave me a script for taking a smaller dose four times a day, I had no side effects from the meds!  This is the first time I have ever taken an antibiotic that I didn't also have terrible side effects. So I was able to get my facial and go to Scrabble with no problems!!


4 comments:

Thumper said...

w00t!!! HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY!!! (LOL yeah, I'm not sure how to spell it, either, and whichever way rolls off my fingers, that's it.)

Granny Annie said...

You slowed down because I remember when you posted on your blog every day. Facebook has slowed both of us down. So happy you have been her for 12 years and happy that you have been my mentor for almost that same period of time. Happy Blogiversary-aversary:-)

Star said...

Happy Bolgaversary my friend ! At least you still write on yours, I think about writing on mine. A friend bought it up to me the other day, now that I am retired. Although I am so busy now I cannot remember how I ever managed to work. Anyway, I am glad you are posting on your blog. I always enjoy the read !

LL Cool Joe said...

12 years is a long time! Here's to the next 12 years!!