Friday, September 18, 2015

Too Much Travel?

Since my open heart surgery last November, we have traveled more than we ever have before. In May, we went to Hilton Head, in early July it was Myrtle Beach. Then in late July, I went to Washington to see Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga. In early Sept., we went to New York City.

Coming in October, I am going to Virginia Beach for a cousins reunion. These are cousins from my father's side of the family - people whom I rarely see. I am really looking forward to it; however, three people have dropped out of the reunion due to health issues. We will miss them, but we will still have fun; reminiscing about our childhoods and telling family anecdotes.  In November, I and about 100 of my high school classmates will convene in Myrtle Beach for a celebration of the 75th year of our school. It will be my 75th year also - and we are all looking forward to the first reunion that has not been held in our home town.

That makes six trips inside of a year - a bit more than we usually manage. I am so grateful to be healthy enough for all this travel. 

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

You know my mother never goes anywhere or does anything, not even to the local shops. She's 86, but has no quality of life at all because she won't drive, take public transport or get a cab. Unless I take her out, she doesn't go, and then tells me how lonely she is. I say pack in as much fun and travel as you can, while you can. Life is short.

Celia said...

Good for you. Great you're getting out and enjoying yourself. I have a couple of fall trips planned to visit old friends I haven't seen in years. Sounds like fun to me, especially the Myrtle Beach reunion.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

How Wonderful that you are able to travel and get about in such a big way.....Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!, my dear Judy! So happy for you that your Health will allow you these great opportunities!

oklhdan said...

WOW...that's a log of travel but isn't it great that you feel up to it? Good for you!