Tuesday, July 28, 2015

It was inevitable...

that we gave back the kittens and their mama. It was too hard on me to care for all of them, and Jim was so concerned about how he would navigate through the house after all six of them started coming upstairs and running around. Luckily, the woman who gave them to us was willing to take them back. 

I have my dibs in for a black kitten, once they reach eight weeks of age and can leave their mama.  I think Moppet will enjoy having one of her siblings here to play with; at least, I hope so. I bought a cat toy for her; one of those things with a ball that goes round and round and cannot be removed from the channel. She loves it, but we are hoping that the battery runs down soon - the chirping birds are getting to us. 

I have always been a crazy cat lady, even though I have never owned more than two at a time - until this month.  I love cats and kittens and I really wish I could have kept all of them!!


5 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I so understand Judy.......I am unable too take care of just one cat now. And I miss having a cat more than I can put into words. But to try to handle 6 little ones----No Way. Hope you get the little black one you want, my dear.

Granny Annie said...

If only we did not have to behave wisely. You made a good decision although it was hard to do.

LL Cool Joe said...

I bet that was a tough decision, but having 6 cats to look after would be too much for me! I used to love our two but at times they were hard work.

sage said...

I am sorry you had to give them back but hope you can find one cat to adopt. One animal is generally enough for me.

carmilevy said...

I so feel for you, Judy. You're such a good soul for pushing yourself to take them. Deep down, they know how lucky they are to have had this time with you.