Monday, August 27, 2012

Applause for Our Wedding Vendors

Flowers by Design...Pam Hartigan and Jackie McDonald did a wonderful job of translating my daughter's vision into gorgeous arrangements, and their service was impeccable. It is wonderful (and comforting to the mind) to have good friends involved in the planning and execution of the wedding. My daughter and I could not have been happier with the flowers and we had many compliments!
919-847-9930   www.flowersbydesignnc.com

Jagg Classic Wholesale... Adair, Jeff and Suzanne supplied the flowers that Pam ordered.  Everything was perfect!  Suzanne let us borrow a beautiful, tall silver trumpet vase for the altar. Thanks, Suzanne!

Cleveland Plant and Flower...I ordered miniature green cymbidiums for the corsages and Kevin and Danny not only came through with near perfect specimens - but they stood ready to help in case I needed anything more. 

Note: General public cannot order directly through either Jagg or Cleveland Plant, but you can ask that your flowers be provided by them!

Officiant...  David With....Youth Minister at Hayes Barton Baptist Church, who is a true treasure, and I am not exaggerating. Everyone said it was the best ceremony they had seen or heard in a long time, if ever, and I certainly concurred. His words were heartfelt and his delivery was perfect. If you are searching for someone to perform your ceremony - do not hesitate to call David!
919-833-4617, ext. 101

Ceremony...  All Saints is a beautiful old chapel, built in 1875 in Carpenter Gothic style. I have always loved Gothic architecture, so I was pleased to learn that my daughter had chosen it for her ceremony. For a smallish wedding  (we had 90 people) it is a perfect location.

Caffe Luna... is a terrific restaurant and as we found out - they throw a heck of a good wedding reception! Darcey Tinga, their party/wedding planner did a fantastic job; she is responsive and capable of translating your vision into reality. The food was delicious and we had lots of compliments on everything. After the reception, they packed up the leftovers for us to bring home, and I think we could eat for a week before they run out. The quantities were just right and they didn't run low on anything except meatballs, which were a big hit with everyone. The cream puffs were delicious too, and an added surprise to me. The children popped them like peanuts! 
919-832-6090     www.cafeluna.com

Cake/cupcakes...Sweet Traditions by LeAne was our baker. She baked 100 cupcakes and a 6" cake topper, and all the flavors were delicious! Only 7 cupcakes remained at the end of the reception, along with the topper (which proved to be lemon and really good!)
919-961-0684        www.sweettraditionsbyleane.com

Photography... Amelya Jayne (Kathleen) was terrific, and brought 2 helpers with her. They were unobtrusive at the ceremony, which I was happy to see. I can't wait to see the photos, and they should be in our hands in 2-3 weeks. Until then, I cannot give a full review, however, we are happy so far.
919-321-0397
www.amelyajayne.com

There are two others for whom I can't give reviews; my daughter has their contact information. They are Carol, the wedding director - who was really good and I was surprised to see how soon she picked up all the names of the participants. I understand she is the director for Forest Hills Baptist Church. She did a great job. 

Arioso Strings...The musicians for the ceremony were a violinist and a cellist. As the family was downstairs during the seating of the guests, we didn't get to hear any music except what was played as we walked down the aisle, but they did a lovely job with that and worked well with my daughter to choose really nice music. As soon as I can get their contact info, I'll post it. 

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It soinds like Everything was Superb, Judy! How wonderful that everything came off as planned and that all the vendors came through with flying colors! COMGRATULATIONS to your daughter and your new son-in-law!

It was fun to go to these Websites, too!!

Pat said...

Soundslike perfect planning for a perfect wedding.
Now you can rest on your laurels.
Well done!