Thursday, February 16, 2012

ZIP!

That's what I have to talk about.....zip...zilch...nada...nothing.

I worked 45 hours and 45 minutes from last Wednesday through Tuesday
and I am still exhausted. I really do have to quit trying to prove I can do it....lol

It was fun, though, and I enjoyed most of it. By hour 7 of the 9 and 1/2 I worked on Valentine's Day, my back was aching like it had been hit by a two by four, and my medication was failing to touch the pain. Bojangles' sweet tea came to my rescue; the pain began to subside soon after I had two cups of it. The combination of the sugar and the caffeine did the trick! Thanks to my employer for providing it and to Bojangles for making it taste so good!!

For the last two days, I have done very little, except go to the post office, bank, pharmacy and grocery, and do several loads of laundry. I am sort of hoping I can continue to do little over the next 2-3 days and just be lazy for a change. Maybe I can just sit here and read all the blog posts I have missed. 


6 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I know that feeling - I'm sorry for your pain. You know, that laundry will be there (still!) in a day or two. Let it go (unless you really need undies or socks - LOL). Hope you get some rest and feel better soon!

tiff said...

Sounds like a great plan!

sage said...

I could use a few days of rest :) I'm sure Valentine's Week has to be your most intense week at work.

Ginnie said...

It doesn't seem fair that you have to toil so much to make others have a happy Valentine's day. I hope you have a secret vacation day all your own that you celebrate !!

Imaginography said...

Hope you are getting the R&R you deserve!

Gilly said...

Oh Judy! You certainly do deserve a rest! Get that back right before you start doing any more bending over and working!

But what is Bojangles tea? I hate sugar in my (very English) tea, but sometimes we do need a sugar and caffeine boost!