Thursday, October 13, 2011

It seems obvious that if you are going to work hard, you should sleep well and long in preparation for it. Alas, I have not been doing so well at that sleeping part lately. I'll have to figure out a way to remedy that if I am to keep working as much as I have been. I worked with Mel Day today; the first time since August and it was nice to be back at Dogwood Tree. We conditioned oodles of flowers, including at least 1000 roses (or so it seemed.) Among them was 24 bunches of spray roses, which points to my making lots of kissing balls  tomorrow. The link takes you to a video about the process, but it isn't the way I make them. I start with an Oasis (the green florist foam) ball and make my own cage. I hope I will have time to take photos.

Have allergies been bothering you this autumn?  Mine have returned full force. Some years I am bothered more in the spring with hay fever, and some years it is the fall season that bothers me. My nose has been running like a faucet for several weeks. Nasal spray helps, but I try not to use much of it since I can easily become addicted.

Try as I might, I can't come up with anything else to say tonight. Those who know me will find that odd, I'm sure. I'm seldom at a loss for words. I'll be back soon....


7 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I look forward to seeing the way you make those Kissing Balls, Judy....I hope you will have time to take the pictures.

I am down with some awful repiratory thing---Not Good, with my lungs---And wishing it was allergies. But, afraid not.

I hope you get some sleep, my dear...I am sleeping very very badly these days---maybe because I cannot breath...lol!

tiff said...

I met a new friend last night who just moved to NC a few weeks ago. She's had almost nonstop migraines since moving.

You're not alone, in other words.

Nance said...

Those of us who don't work in the floral industry glamorize your work--"Oh, she gets to play with flowers all day. Isn't that nice?" I'm pretty sure that's not all there is to it.

Arkansas Patti said...

You know with those words "kissing balls" you will get lots of hits:))
I am constantly working on the sleep matter. Good luck. If you figure it out, let me know.

Pat said...

I'm sure you know all the remedies for sleeping well so I won't bore you with them but do take then seriously. At the rate you work sleep is essential. Give it the same time and application as you would do if it was one of your children who were suffering.

Looking to the Stars said...

I hope you get some good rest, I know the feeling. My allergies have kicked up also (sigh)so I feel for you. Hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

Judy--I agree with Patti that, should you come up with a sure-fire method of getting sleep, you should share it with us. Nance is also, undoubtedly right about playing with flowers.

Lady--Oh, I am so sorry that your lungs aren't behaving. You, too, need the sleep and rest; and, I hope that you can get them.

Allergic people--It must be dreadful reacting to your environment that way. It will be a good thing when "they" come up with a cure-all for allergies.
Cop Car