Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Tour of Homes ~ My Office


Top photo: The eastern side of the room, which is the bonus room over our garage. This is my office, where I meet with brides and their families to discover what they need and to show them what I can give them (flower- wise) for their wedding. I know the silver pieces need polishing, but I don't do that until just before I need them.....LOL. The quilt on the display table was one belonging to my mom's sister. I don't know if she made it or not. She was more of a painter than a seamstress. The middle photo continues of that side; the shelves hold other various containers; glass, copper, brass and ceramic.

Continuing around, the third photo looks into the desk and computer area. The wooden cabinets that divide this section used to hang over the counter in our kitchen. I didn't want them there, since it closed off the kitchen too much and made it impossible for me to see other people in that room without stooping down. Se we had them taken out and moved them up to this room, and they sit upside-down and hold office supplies inside and various urns, photo portfolios and wedding books. Please scroll down to see the rest of the post - and click that button on the right that says "Tour of Homes" to view others who are participating in this meme.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Hale McKay said...

I love the new avatar!

You have pleasant working environs. It looks like a nice place to work in.

Susie said...

That's a really large collection of ribbon! Looks like you have a great work space...

srp said...

What a great room to have all your work items. Of course creating beautiful weddings for harried brides is such a rewarding (although difficult at times) job. And what a fabulous and huge bulletin board.

Carola said...

Thats a very warm and open area, even tho it has upside down cupboards there, theyre not really causing havoc for walking space, infact, the whole room looks inviting!!! Love it! Seriously, you've made a rather comfy abode out of a room's shape that could've easily gone bad!

Your so clever Kenju!!!
(PS, i really DO actually love your name!!)
Many Warm Hugs from Adelaide!
PS - that crazy woman Michele sent me along here to tell you Howdee!

carmilevy said...

I love how you've managed to make a room that's built for work so homey in the process. It looks like the kind of place that makes clients - and you, of course - so welcoming and comfortable.

My office? More often than not it's my kitchen table. Sometimes it's even the rock under the big maple tree out front. I'll have to capture it in a picture sometime soon. Thanks for the inspiration, Judy!

Viamarie said...

This is a very cozy looking place. Would like to have this kind of an office.

Michele sent me today. Happy weekend!

Kara said...

It's always nice to get a birds eye view of somone elses life. Here via michele today.

poopie said...

Well..whenever SugarDaddy swoops me up, we'll definitely have a bonus room!

Anonymous said...

The kitchen cabinets are a wonderful idea. Great way to use what you have, I love all the urns.