Another time, Jamie discovered a box sitting on the husband's home office desk, and apparently it smelled pretty good to her, because she tore open the stiff cardboard box (eating much of it in the process) to discover a dozen bottles of tums. Would you believe that she chewed through one of the plastic bottles and consumed more than half of the tums chewables? Well, she did.
She didn't die from that episode either. The vet was certain that much calcium carbonate would constipate the dog so badly that she would die from it, but they administered a mild laxative, and Jamie emerged from that trauma with no lasting effects. I am not sure what she died of, but she lived at least several years after that last escapade.