Saturday, January 28, 2006
Don't Feed These to Your Dogs!
I got this email from a friend recently about his poor dog, who had ingested something that made her sick. I decided to post it so that you would not make the same mistakes:
"I went to a web site about things NOT to feed to dogs. What I read amazed me. I already knew about chocolate being bad but not the other things listed. I want to share them with you and if you feel it is appropriate share them with the readers of your blog.
1. Chocolate of any kind--deadly!
4. Grapes and raisins--very deadly!
5. Any vitamin preparation or food heavy with iron--Geritol and molasses.
7. Raw eggs
8. Macadamia nuts
9. Any fruit with tiny seeds like strawberries
10. Potatoes or any potato product
11. Many soy based foods
12. Onions--very deadly!
13. Garlic can be bad for small breeds
14. Any product with caffeine
16. Non-buffered aspirin
In other words, be careful what you give your dog. What may seem fine for
humans can be fatal or harmful to dogs. "
I hope you find this list useful. I know many people who give their dogs table scraps and who do not know that some things are harmful for their animals. Ignorance is no excuse.