Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Nothing in my brain.......

Nothing comes to mind today that will make an interesting post. Hoss mentioned not knowing that lightning can take out a phone. In the same storm in which we lost all our stuff, my neighbor had her phone line completely melted! The repairmen were not too astonished by it - so it must be fairly common.
Regarding ebay: my daughter is not going to leave any feedback at all until we hear from the mfg. of the computer and what they will do about the problem. As soon as we hear from them, she will leave negative feedback on the seller. I am almost certain that he knew if I called tech support it would absolve him and ebay from any responsibility; that must be why he was adamant that I call them immediately.
Rug Designer: No, I am not a Vol, in fact that was my first trip to TN. I was pleasantly surprised, though; the scenery was gorgeous in that area. My cousin's son just moved to Nashville; his wife is a singer and wants to try to make it in the bigtime, as they say. I may have reason to make a trip to Nashville in the future - and I will let you know if that happens.
Duty calls, I must buy supplies for the next wedding. Take care and I'll try to return tomorrow.

5 comments:

Scarlett said...

Nashville, TN is my home town. Except for the traffic, it is a cool place to live. It has something for everyone and is very diverse.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

In the small world department, MommaK's younger sister also just moved to Nashville to cut out a career in music management. Maybe you can tell cousin this URL: www.nashvillebound.blogspot.com

phoenix said...

We travel to Tennessee on occasion as we have family there as well. It IS beautiful there... I got married up there as a matter of fact in Gatlinburg.

Lightning can do soooooo much damage!! In just a side glance from our neighbors getting struck we lost am upright freezer, a CB station and antenna, an answering machine, several phones, an airconditioner and our elecrical meter to the house had to be replaced. Thank goodness for House Insurance!

Anonymous said...

I think we got some of that same storm. It took out the upstairs tv. The kids saw the ball of lit hit the tv!

brendalove@gmail.com said...

I'm just all mad about this ebay jerk ripping you off. DON'T MESS WITH OUR JUDY!