Thursday, May 05, 2005

Tippy-toes and Tutus

On Saturday, after I deliver wedding flowers, we have to jump in the car and drive about 90 miles southwest to watch my youngest granddaughter in her first dance recital. I can't wait to see her in her elephant costume! Though I cannot remember seeing a ballet with elephants (except in Fantasia), it seems an apt metaphor for the dance movements of five year olds. The last time I witnessed a recital for young dancers, the little ones - if they moved at all - stood on the stage and bobbed up and down, their lttle arms raised above their heads in classic ballet stance, or hands on hips in the "I'm a little teapot" pose. It should prove interesting.
We are spending the night and going on Mother's Day to dinner with my daughter, her husband, their seven children, his Mom and Dad, his sister, her husband, and their two children. Seventeen people in all. I am looking forward to it, but my husband (hereinafter known as "J") does not enjoy being in the company of small children when food is at hand. It is devoutly to be wished that the children will behave on this occasion; else my contentment level will go rapidly downhill. It is also devoutly to be wished that if the children take the opportunity to misbehave, "J" will keep quiet about it!

2 comments:

Mary said...

17 people in all, wow. I'll wish for good behavior righ along with you-- for both the kids AND grownups!

Happy Mother's Day to you and the Moms in your family. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

Mary said...

Dernit,... that should be "right along with you".

I don't think I had enough coffee today. LOL