Monday, February 21, 2005

A Gluttonous Stupor

My extravagant birthday dinner for my son produced in all of us a gluttonous stupor. I amazed myself, as I am not usually an excellent cook, but everything turned out well and there were not many leftovers. Even my granddaughters were complimentary and cleaned their plates; they of mundane tastes running to peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese. It did my heart good to see them enjoying their meal. I suppose I am after all the typical mother/grandmother; with nuturing instincts I never thought possible when I was young. So be it - it is my role nowadays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to have been the recepient of your gluttonous stupor dinner. I am glad that even the picky grandchildren cleaned their plates. I would pass out from being overwhelmed if anyone would ever fix me a special dinner.