Sunday, January 16, 2005

Back to the Beginning

I started college as an art major and I was hired to work part-time in a flower shop owned by my Mother's friends. I got very interested in the design aspects of floristry and began to experiment on my own. Within 3 months, I was producing floral arrangements for everything but funerals. That started a life long interest in floral design, but I did not do it professionally again until my children were in middle school. At that time I volunteered at our local art museum, and found that they needed help with flowers for their social events. I started my business in 1984, and for the next twelve years, I provided 90% of the flowers for the museum openings and special events.

The museum proved to be a fertile ground for growing a business in wedding and party flowers, owing to numerous contacts made there. I have been very fortunate in working with many caterers, photographers, wedding consultants, musicians, cake bakers and others associated with the wedding and party industry. Now, I am offering to help brides and their families during the planning process. If you have a question about a wedding (especially the wedding flowers) please ask and I will do my best to help.

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

Hi Judy. I thought I'd go back to the beginning to see where it all began. I love digging into the blog archives of my favorite writers. Hope you don't mind!