Monday, September 05, 2005

Why Isn't My Gravatar Working???

For months after I learned what they were, I resisted getting a Gravatar. They seemed a little too Big Brotherish for me, but I kept seeing more and more of them popping up nearly everywhere. Finally I gave in and visited the web-site to get signed up for one.

I chose a flower photo to use for my own logo, but when it started showing up, it was too dark and hard to decipher. I saw that I could change the picture - so I uploaded one of my cat photos. For a week or so, some blogs showed the flower photo and some showed the cat.

Now, I am lucky if anything shows up - and most frequently - there is nothing to show that I have a Gravatar, not even a blank square. The Gravatar web-site has no way for you to send an email directly to the company. They have an on-line forum for FAQ's, but nothing fit my problem exactly.

Do you have any advice for me?

3 comments:

  1. What's a Gravatar? It sounds like some sort of space device for controlling gravity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the site was having issues yesterday, because mine wasn't showing up most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering that I always thought it was called an Avatar, I have no clue how to help. God I'm so not with it.

    ReplyDelete

Spam comments will not be published, or will be deleted.