Wednesday, September 11, 2019

I Have Some Lovely Friends....

who have been worrying about me while Jim is in the hospital.  They think I might not be taking good care of myself.

Today, one picked me up and took me to The Cheesecake Factory, where we met another friend, and we all had lunch. I've been craving protein, so I had what they call a "slim - alicious burger (I think). It was good!  But the salad served with it had a vinegar dressing that I couldn't eat - too sour for me!!  

My two friends ate omelets.....and it's odd that I didn't, since I really prefer to eat breakfast foods most of the time, if I have that choice.

After lunch, one presented me with a lovely scarf (a copy of one she had bought for herself) and I can't wait to wear it....it is so pretty!

We went to Homegoods afterward, but for the first time ever, I didn't find anything I wanted to buy. They have a lot of cute items for  Halloween and Thanksgiving, but I don't really need anything like that. I have way too much stuff now. 

I thank God for all my wonderful friends; who have called, emailed and texted me throughout this ordeal. I am trying to take good care of myself, since I will have to have a  big reserve of energy and patience when Jim is released to come home. 

He is working hard in rehab (where he was taken last Friday) and we are hopeful that he will be able to walk soon, and come home. 

5 comments:

Star said...

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered ! The caretaker needs care- taking (?) as well.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

It's wonderful to have such good friends … especially when they come through like that. I'm sending good vibes to Jim and proud of him for working hard. It's sure to pay off.
You won't believe this Judy but I actually have a website … just another way to promote the book, etc. but it's fun. Check it out: www.virginiadean.com

Bonnie said...

Prayers for Jim and you. My husband does a good deal of sitting and dozing now. I get him to fill bird baths and right now he is doing dinner dishes. He's going on 82 and seems pretty healthy for someone who doesn't exercise. :-)

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Hi again Judy: thanks so much for your wonderful comment on "My Halcyon Years". To have actually written and published it is something I've dreamed of doing and can hardly believe it has come to fruition. Could I have your permission to include your comment on my Website? So far it has not had much action but your words will help it along. (I am completely lost with the tech part of all this so, if you say yes, I will have to get my friend who does that part show me how to include it.) Thanks so much and good vibes to Jim. Ginnie

kenju said...

Of course you may, Ginnie!! I really have enjoyed the book and more so the second time!